At Zellis, we’re firmly committed to delivering our services and solutions to the highest possible standard during the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, whilst protecting the health and well-being of our colleagues, customers and suppliers.
We understand the importance of partnering with our customers during times of uncertainty, to ensure that the right procedures are in place to enable the safe continuation of business. We know that these are extremely difficult and unpredictable circumstances for organisations, so we are working to provide additional support and solutions for our customers where they may need it.
In this statement, we aim to provide reassurance by providing details of our ongoing approach.
Please note we will update this page as new information is made available to us. We suggest you also visit our COVID-19 legislative updates page to keep up-to-date.
Business continuity and resilience
We have business continuity plans in place to manage a variety of potential events, including the impact of an epidemic/pandemic. Although the health and economic impacts of COVID-19 vary, we continually prepare for every eventuality. Our highest priority is always to ensure the safety and health of our colleagues at all of our sites in the UK, the Republic of Ireland, and India.
Monitoring the development of the outbreak
As part of our business continuity planning, we have a team in place from across the Zellis group who are carefully and constantly monitoring the development of the pandemic and the effects on our business and customers. This includes daily monitoring of the advice and guidance issued by:
- The Government of the United Kingdom
- The Government of the Republic of Ireland
- The Government of the Republic of India
- The World Health Organisation (WHO)
This enables us to react promptly to support our colleagues and customers as required.
Protecting and supporting our colleagues
In line with our initial response to the rapid spread of coronavirus, we continue to have measures in place to both protect the health and safety our colleagues and to ensure, as far as possible, that they are able to continue carrying out their job responsibilities.
- Rapidly progressed our work-from-home capabilities for those colleagues who can fulfil their day-to-day responsibilities at home. The overwhelming majority of our colleagues have been able to work from home since the early days after the pandemic was declared by the WHO.
- Rolled out training on privacy and security good practice in a home environment for all work-from-home colleagues.
- Reduced any non-essential travel by staff.
- Reviewed and adjusted internal controls to safeguard information security.
- Implemented a schedule of frequent internal communications to provide updates and guidance to our colleagues.
All of the above are tailored as required according to ongoing changes in guidance and legislation.
Business continuity planning and disaster recovery
We have enacted the necessary business continuity plans (BCP) and disaster recovery plans for all Zellis sites, including ensuring almost all colleagues can perform their duties from home.
We have also engaged with third-party suppliers over their approach to dealing with the coronavirus pandemic, to help reduce any potential impact on Zellis and our customers.
Further information and support
We will continue to watch carefully for new developments as the coronavirus situation unfolds, and adapt our approach accordingly. Please continue to check the Zellis website, the Zellis support portal (if you are a Zellis customer), and our email communications for further updates, advice and information in the coming weeks.
We also want to remind you of our services which can provide additional payroll and HR administration support during this time. Visit our page on coronavirus to find out more about the ways we can help.
We also advise you to look at official government resources to find out more about how you can receive additional business support:
- UK government: Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Republic of Ireland government: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information for Employers and Employees
If you are already a Zellis customer, for specific requests and urgent support, please contact your Account Manager in the first instance.